I am very much excited about tomorrow nights “Tuesday Night Dive’! The Singles Pastor from our church and I are coming together to put on an 1.5 hour program on Tuesday nights this summer to help create an environment that will motivate people to fall in love with the Word of God. We are going to encourage them and show them how to dive in!
Here are a few reasons we chose to do this:
- We wanted the young people of our church (especially, those in high school and college) to know that studying the Word of God is something that is exciting to us and that we want to do it during our “free time”.
- If the students we lead do not fall in love with the Word during this time in their lives they may never do so.
- They say 8 out of 10 high school students will live the church after high school. We do not want that to be true about our students. We are going to try to build a bridge between the two ministries.
- Philip, Singles Pastor, have different strengths and I think working with him on a project will be fun for both of us.
- Many of our youth activities tend to have a tendency to be taken over by our junior high students. I know the juniors and seniors will enjoy a Bible study with more mature people in it.