This past Thursday night Vision Baptist had the privilege of commissioning 4 of our missionaries to take the gospel to the world.
God allowed us to commission Mark and Amy Coffey as missionaries to South Africa, Josh and Elizabeth Ewing as missionaries to Chile, Chris and Kathy Fies as missionaries with Voice in the Village, and Jonathan and Heather Marks as missionaries to Japan.
As representatives of our church Pastors Warren Frick and Robert Canfield participated. As a representative of the World Evangelism Committee John Pearson helped and then as a Deacon in Training Ben John Johnson served. This was a wonderful time.
Each missionary took a minute to once again explain to the church the ministry that felt that God had directed them to.
Then the church takes time to gather around every couple and lay hands on them in prayer. We ask God to bless them and use them. We know that God is the only one that can use them. We recognize as do they that we are nothing and can do nothing but ask the great God of heaven to intervene on their behalf.
Each missionary was asked a series of questions publicly and they responded as a means of public confirmation that God was directing their paths. It was a beautiful time together.
We do not know why God has chosen to bless us with so many good families that come through our church to go to the field but we do love, acknowledge and praise Him for it. We are seeing young men raised up out of our church but God has brought others to our church. No one can go through our church unless they have been under our ministry and training for 2 years. They can come but will not be full fledged missionaries out of Vision until this 2 years is up. That is to discourage people from coming to be with us that do not have our heart and vision for the world as a church.
Here are the questions that were asked and responded to. The missionaries answered the first 8 questions and then the men that represented the church answered the last 2. We look forward to doing this many more times over the coming years. We are begging God to send forth laborers into His harvest.
Questions for the Commissioning!
Acts 14:26-28 And thence sailed to Antioch, from whence they had been recommended to the grace of God for the work which they fulfilled. 27 And when they were come, and had gathered the church together, they rehearsed all that God had done with them, and how he had opened the door of faith unto the Gentiles. 28 And there they abode long time with the disciples.
- Do you publicly recognize that all we can do is recommend you to the grace of God to do the work that He has called you to do?
- Do you believe that God has clearly directed your path to this current ministry?
- Will you please take one minute to explain the ministry that God has given you so that the church will know and be better able to pray?
- Do you promise to give yourself totally to carrying out the ministry that God has given you no matter how hard or discouraging it gets?
- Will you come back and tell us how God has worked in your ministry to His honor and glory?
- Do you believe that Vision Baptist is a church worthy of reproduction where ever God sends you?
- Will you promise to call or write us when you get discouraged instead of allowing Satan to win the victory in your life?
- Will you acknowledge that you believe that you are being sent out of Vision to accomplish the purpose God has for our church and you go in our place?
- Vision Baptist will you commit to love, support, and pray for these families?
- Vision will you recognize that these missionaries are your representatives carrying out what God wants us to do as a church?
I pray that God will allow your church to train, commission, and send forth many missionaries for His kingdom.
Check out bcwe.org