Are You Making Progress?
2 Chronicles 26:5
And he sought God in the days of Zechariah, who had understanding in the visions of God: and as long as he sought the LORD, God made him to prosper.
There are times we feel this in our life with the Lord. We’re pulling this way and the Lord pushing that way and there is no progress. We’re putting in tremendous amounts of energy only to find ourselves exhausted at the end of the day. “We are never closer to failure than during our greatest successes! If we fail to recognize God’s part in our achievements, they are no better then failure.”
Famous king (made engines)– no accounts of him ever stopping to give thanks to God. Lack of thankfulness.
- A Leader of Leaders. (v.13)
- Provided the resources they need. (v. 14)
- Are you enlisting men?
- Had a Mentor. (v.5)
- Sought God during the days of Zechariah.
- Borrowed convictions will not last.
- Godly mentor does not guarantee success
- Followed a Godly pattern. (26:4)
- He followed after his father.
- Follow as far as you can with the Bible in your hand. Go farther when needed.
- Uzziah’s dad followed the Lord, did some great things for God, brought godly reforms to the land but he left the high places (2Kings 14:1-4)
- Went forward with pride. (v.16)
- Took a job that was not given to him.
- Do not move forward with pride.
- You will never merit the right to be missionaries.