If you are interested in this ministry be sure and read the first part here. Read part two here. Part three here
I thought you might want to know what an actual meeting looks like so I am sharing the following from our meeting in January:
Cabinet Meeting January 14, 2018
- Thank you for doing a good job of praying, sharing, and caring in this position.
- Our next meeting dates
- Jan. 14th @ 3pm
- Feb. 11th @ 4pm
- March 11th @ 3pm
- April 15th @ 3pm
- Do you have any updates on your missionaries you want to share
- Pray for J H as he raises the money for the Training Center
- Please be careful to take only 3 minutes for your updates
- Please do not take more than 3 seconds to get to the pulpit and begin speaking
- Organize a meeting each month if you can where you invite a few people to spend time with one of your missionaries
- Special dates for your calendar
- Rastellis Send Off on Jan 21st,
- Sanabria Blessing on May 10,
- Sanabria Send Off on May 27
- These are the missionaries coming home on furlough
- Aaron Vance – Late Jan 18 to Jan19
- Kevin White June 18 to June 19
- Ben Johnson – Jan18- July 18
- David Gardner — March 2018 – March 2019
- Mark Tolson – August 2018 – August 2019
- Stephen Underwood — June 2019 – Jan 2020
- Justus and Courtney Mize – Nepal – Mar 18
- Nate and Miranda Francis – China – Oct 17
- Jeff and Mackenzie Brown – India – Nov 17
- Tim and Destiny Kelly – S Africa – Jan 18
- Robert and Emma Becker -Argentina – Feb 18
- I would like to ask you to read the Challenge of Missions and be ready to discuss it together next meeting
- Pray for Summit that we will host in Ohio this fall
- What Does it Take to Finish the Task of World Evangelism in our Generation?
- Men—Bible Colleges, Bible Institutes, Discipleship, Mentoring
- Materials—All that is used on the Media approach. Books, Sunday School Material, Discipleship materials
- Media—the air attack. Getting to the masses. Radio, Television, Internet, Films, Cassettes, Printed page
- The responsibility for evangelizing the world falls on the local church. We need to pray for God to call men. We need to train them. We need to ask God for more and more money to support them
- “A vision without a task makes a visionary; a task without a vision is drudgery; a vision with a task makes a missionary.” George Deakin from the book Why Revival Tarries by Leonard Ravenhill
- Leonard Ravenhill goes on to say that Isaiah’s vision could be summed up as; WOE, a word of confession; LO, a word of cleansing; GO, a word of Commission.
- We must realize that it can be done. We must get our heads out of the sand. Too long we have said that it can’t be done. They are hard people, not interested, and we have made a thousand other excuses. The facts are we need men and women of vision who will work to get the job done.
- People who say it can’t be done are usually passed up by people who are doing it.
- Learn from the mistakes of others. You can’t live long enough to make them all yourself.
- “There is nothing in the world or the Church, except the church’s disobedience, to render the evangelization of the world in this generation impossibility. — Robert Speer, leader in Student Volunteer
- In his book, A Concise History of the Christian World Mission, J. Herbert Kane states, “Some timid souls are afraid that we are about to witness the demise of the missionary enterprise, but such is not the case. The Lord of the harvest has promised to be with His missionary servants to the end of the age (Matt. 28:20). Dictators come and go; kingdoms rise and fall; civilizations wax and wane; but the world mission of the church will continue to the end of the age in spite of the vicissitudes of human history. Problems will doubtless increase, difficulties will abound, costs will soar, but the mission will go on. The mandate will never be rescinded nor will the mission be aborted………”
- The Great Commission
“The Great Commission is not an option to be considered; it is a command to be obeyed.” — Hudson Taylor
“Christ’s last command should be our first concern.”
“If you found a cure for cancer, wouldn’t it be inconceivable to hide it from the rest of mankind? How much more inconceivable to keep silent the cure from the eternal wages of death.”– Dave Davidson
- Mark 16:15. We are to take the gospel to Every Creature. That means that we will have to reach more than 7,600,000,000 people with the gospel message.
- Luke 24:46-49. We are to take the gospel (repentance and remission of sins in His name) to All Nations. Nations refers to people groups and not entire countries. We have the Cherokee nation in the nation of the USA. There are approximately 12,862 peoples groups according to Avery T. Willis, Jr. in his article “The Unfinished Task” found in Missiology, An Introduction to the Foundations, History, and Strategies of World Missions.
- Matthew 28:19-20. Teaching all nations. Since we already have the command to go to all nations, let us consider this word teach, baptize, teaching. The word teach or teaching means (according to Webster’s New Twentieth Century Dictionary Unabridged Second Addition, 1976) to show how to do something, to give instructions to, to train, give lessons to (a student or pupil), to guide the study of, to instruct, to hold classes in, to provide with knowledge, and insight. Synonyms: impart, direct, instruct, informer, counsel, admonish, educate, inculcate, enlighten, advise, indoctrinate, and train. The word “teach” makes it clear that I must disciple or train all nations. It is not enough to get them to pray a prayer. They must be taught enough to be saved, then baptized, then trained to live the gospel.
- Acts 1:8. Gives us the geographical context. We are to go to the uttermost. Every country needs to hear the gospel.
- John 20:21. We are sent as He was sent. This is the incarnation. This is becoming one of them to reach them in the context of where they live and the language they speak.
Avery T. Willis, Jr. sums it up in the following manner: “The unfinished task is to evangelize all individuals, to proclaim the gospel to all peoples in all the geographical regions of the world and to disciple them.”
- “And people who do not know the Lord ask why in the world we waste our lives as missionaries. They forget that they too are expending their lives…and when the bubble has burst they will have nothing of eternal significance to show for the years they have wasted.”– Nate Saint
- They are condemned already. John 3:18
- The Creation leaves them without excuse because it shows them that God does exist. Romans 1:20
- Their Conscience shows them that they need this God. Romans 2:15
- The Church fulfilling its Great Commission will show them how to get to know this God.
II Corinthians 5:18-20.
- hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation
- hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation
- Our conviction that we are responsible before God to get the gospel to all the world.
Ezekiel 33:6. The blood of the uninformed is required at the hand of the watchmen. Bloody Hands.
- Acts 20:26. Paul felt that responsibility because he said that he was free from the blood of all men.
- I Corinthians 15:34. It is our shame if there is someone in the world that doesn’t have the knowledge of God.