I was sent an “end of the year questionnaire” from my pastor. When I saw it in my inbox I thought ..”I don’t look forward to this..” However, when I finished I was really glad I took the time to fill it out. I would challenge you all to take the time to fill it out.
Based upon what I filled out I decided to focus on somethings this year. I spent some part of my day, the first day of the year, with everyone of the highschool guys I think want to do something for God. I also called all the high school guys I have influence upon and spoke with them on the phone. It was a small step, but it was completely in the right direction.
Year End Review
1) What are your current responsibilities at the church at the end of this year? Be as specific as possible (format is up to you).
2) What was your best day at work in the last year?
3) What was your worst day at work in the last year?
4) How frequently did you keep the Sabbath in the last year? What helped or hurt you in this area?
5) Do you feel you can be completely honest with me? With the Leadership team? Why or why not?
6) What did you enjoy most about your job in 07?
7) What did you enjoy least about your job in 07?
8) Looking back over the last year what are 3 or 4 things you would have done differently?
9) What specifically, if anything, did I do to help you succeed in the last year?
10) What specifically, if anything did the other Leadership Team do to help you succeed in the last year?
11) How would you individually rate my performance (1 to 10), be honest? Why?
12) How would you individually rate the performance of your direct reports, why? that is the person that you are supposed to report to directly
13) What were the major lessons you learned about yourself in the past year?
14) What did you learn about our church in the past year?
15) Do you feel like you are growing as a leader? Why or why not?
Switching to the next year:
16) What would you like to do more of in next year?
17) What would you like to do less of in the next year?
18) What do you need ‘more of’ from me in the next year? From the Leadership team?
19) What do you need ‘less of’ from me in the next year? From the Leadership team?
20) If you could make a drastic change or addition to your job what would you do? Why?
21) In what areas do you want to grow in the next year?
22) What areas of our church need to be addressed/fixed or changed (they don’t have to be in your area)?
23) How do I need to change, improve or ‘keep doing what I’m doing’ as the leader of the staff?
24) What do you need to keep growing as a leader in the next year?
25) Do you need any tools to better do your job?
26) What are our greatest areas for improvement in the next year?
27) What else would you like to say to me or like for us to discuss in the near future?